Having the best circular saw blade for hardwood, softwood, metal, and plastic makes your work fast and smoother.
Although they are not suitable for anything other than lumber for framing houses, they also work well with steel, aluminum, and plywood.
Therefore, with enough experience and skills, you can make furniture mark cuts in the wood. Now, all you require is a well-matching blade for your saw, and below is a highlight of the best circular saw blades you should choose.
Table of Contents
- Factors to consider when choosing a perfect circular saw blade
- 10 Best Circular Saw Blades in 2022
- 1. DeWALT 10-Inch General-Purpose Circular Saw Blade Set
- 2. Oshlun SBW-080024 8-Inch Saw Blade
- 3. Freud 7.25-Inch Thin Kerf Circular Saw
- 4. IRWIN 4935560 7-1/4¨ METAL CUTTING CIRCULAR SAW BLADE
- 5. Twin-Town Saw Blade
- 6. Whirlwind USA Circular Saw Blade
- 7. Porter-Cable 4.5-Inch Circular Saw Blade
- 8. Renegade Circular Saw Blade
- 9. Makita A-03681 10-Inch Circular Saw Blade
- 10. Overpeck Hardwood Saw Blade
Factors to consider when choosing a perfect circular saw blade
Size of the Blade: most circular saw blades are 6.5 inches. Therefore, select the saw blade that matches your saw size.
Number of Teeth: The number of teeth on a blade indicates the cutting speed of the blade. Moreover, the lower the number of teeth, the faster the blade cuts, but the cut is rough and vice versa.
Kerf: This refers to the thickness of a blade. A blade with a very thin kerf cuts faster than a blade with a thick one.
Blade Coating: the coating reduces the binding of the blade hence reducing kickback.
Working Type (Purpose): consider what you will cut with the blade. The type of material you are going to cut determines the size of the blade to use. For instance, you cannot use a wood cutting blade on metals unless stated otherwise.
Arbor Size: ensure you have the arbor size to buy a compatible blade with your saw blade.
Durability and Warranty: the cost of replacing a blade is high, and you should consider buying a durable one with a warranty from the manufacturer.
i. Carbon Steel: carbon steel blades are best for cutting through aluminum and steel.
ii. High-Speed Steel (HSS): These blades are suitable for cutting through all materials.
iii. Cobalt Steel Blades: These blades have high heat resistance and can cut through most ferrous and nonferrous metals.
iv. Carbide-Tipped Blades: this type works best for softwood, hardwood, composite materials, and chipboard.
Type of Saw
i. Flat Top Grind (FTG). This is the best saw for ripping wood.
ii. Alternate Top Bevel (ATB). It is the best saw for trimming and cut-off, and crosscutting.
iii. High-Angle Alternative Bevel (HI-ATB). Works best for chip-free cuts on melamine and plywood
iv. Triple Chip Grind (TCG). It is best for abrasive materials like hardwoods, plastics, and nonferrous metals.
|Type of Blade||TPI||Total Number of Teeth (Average)||Suitable For|
|Coarse||4||30||Re-sawing wood and cutting thicker stock|
|Medium||7-10||40||Cutting plastics, soft and nononferrousetals|
|Fine||12||80||Cutting acrylic (plexiglass) panels|
10 Best Circular Saw Blades in 2022
- First, it has 60 teeth
- Secondly, it can cut wood, copper, aluminum, and plastic materials
- Finally, it has a maximum RPM of 15,000
- First, it gives accurate cuts
- Secondly, it has a good quality material
- Furthermore, it is a general-purpose saw blade
- Pocket friendly
- Besides, it is more durable
- It does not cut through all the metals.
- First, it has 24 teeth
- Secondly, it is a general-purpose saw blade
- Lastly, it has a maximum RPM of 7,500
First, it has carbide teeth
- Secondly, it has an anti-kickback model
It is the best for framing
Additionally, it is the best for budget
Moreover, it comes with a lifetime warranty
- First, it distorts easily
- Secondly, the number of teeth could have been slightly higher.
- First, it has 60 teeth
- Secondly, it can cut melamine, laminates, and plywood materials
- Lastly, it has a maximum RPM of 10,000
- Besides, it is more durable and long-lasting.
- Also, it has a coating that reduces warping and prevents vibration
- Finally, it produces less noise
- Nevertheless, it is expensive to buy and maintain
- First, it comes with 68 teeth
- Secondly, it is used to cut metals
- Finally, it has a maximum RPM of 4,000
- First, this product has anti-vibration vents
- Additionally, it comes with 68 teeth
- Has an anti-kickback shoulder for protection in case of an emergency
- Finally, it has carbide-tipped teeth
- First, it is expensive to acquire
- Secondly, it is better for metal sheets only
- First, it has 60 teeth
- Secondly, it is the best for cutting hard and softwood materials
- Finally, it has a maximum RPM of 3,500
- First, it produces accurate cuts
- Secondly, made of durable materials
- Additionally, it can fit well on different types of saws
- Finally, it is pocket friendly
- Minor tears on the back
- First, it has 60 teeth
- Moreover, it can cut through thick wood materials
- Lastly, it has a maximum RPM of 5,000
- First, It is the best flexible saw
- Secondly, made of high-quality steel
- Additionally, it is pocket friendly
- Cut through thick wood
- Extra sharp hence risk working with
- Has 120 teeth
- Cuts through plywood, hardwood, and laminate materials
- It has a maximum RPM of 7,500
- First, it is the best for the budget.
- Secondly, it can slice through plywood without splintering
- Additionally, it has sharp teeth hence cuts quickly
- Finally, it can cut any wood
- On the contrary, it dulls quickly
- It’s a 56 teeth saw blade
- Can cut through hardwood and softwood materials
- It has a maximum RPM of 4,500
- First, it offers the best performance in size, given
- Additionally, it has two blades that increase its efficiency
- Lastly, it is the best budget
- Besides, the build quality is a bit poor.
- It has 80 teeth
- Can cut through hardwood materials
- It has a maximum RPM of 5,870
- First, it has strong teeth made of carbide.
- Secondly, it has less tear and shredding compared to other types
- Additionally, there is less drag on the saw motor
- Moreover, it has a thin kerf
- Nevertheless, it is expensive.
- First, it comes with 80 teeth
- Secondly, it can cut through both hard and softwood materials
- Finally, it has a maximum RPM of 5,500
- To start with, it is made of a tough tungsten carbide
- Additionally, the blade has sharp teeth making it easy to cut through materials
- It is more durable than others
- It is less expensive
- Nonetheless, it has fewer teeth compared to its counterparts on the list.
What is the most popular circular saw blade size?
The most common circular blade size is 7 1/4 inches. It is due to its ability to cut any material of reasonable diameter.
Did circular saw blades interchangeable between brands?
Absolutely no. Most blades are for specific saws, and it is wise to use the recommended blade for your saw.
Are more teeth better for a circular saw blade?
The number of teeth determines the cutting speed of a circular saw blade. First, you will get a better finish from a blade with more teeth than blades with fewer teeth cut faster.
There are many circular saw blades available today that you can use on different saws for different purposes. Due to this, you may find it challenging to choose one.
Therefore, we have given you a highlight of the best circular blades in this article.
We have made it easier for you to compare different types of blades by providing numerous features of each type.
Also, consider the application area to avoid using the right blade for the wrong job.